COVID-19 Information for BusinessesBusinesses must adhere to the Grand Traverse County Health Department Emergency Order 2020-01. Use the Toolkit provided for resources in implementing the Emergency Order. For questions and concerns, please contact the County Health Department at (231) 995-6111.
The Governor's Executive Orders (EO) can be found at:
- Michigan Legislature - this site lists a useful topic next to the EO number
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Executive Orders
Resources for Michigan Businesses During COVID-19
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Small Business Association of Michigan
- Traverse Connect - includes the latest COVID news affecting businesses
- Newly established Regional Resiliency Fund (5/6/2020) providing up to $5,000 grants to area small businesses; currently there is enough funding for 40 grants with plans to expand this number.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - 8 Things Your Small Business Needs To Do
- Consumer's Energy - Delivering Support for Small Businesses
- Operational Best Practices
Center for Disease Control
***ALERT Office Closure***
Upon the Governor's Executive Order 2020-21, 2020-42, 2020-59, 2020-70 and the subsequent Executive Order 2020-77, East Bay Township offices closed at 5:30 pm Monday, March 23 and remain closed throughout the Order's duration. The Township's office is tentatively scheduled to re-open on Monday, June 1 with perhaps limited staff and office availability. The specifics of re-opening are yet to be determined and will be based on guidance from health officials. In the interim, Township staff is available remotely to help the public with township business via telephone and email. Please see the Township's response regarding COVID-19 which includes phone and email contacts for all office personnel. Thank you for your cooperation and please stay safe and healthy.